Thursday 11 September 2008

Back to Black

Hello!

I am back in London after a rather wet August in Edinburgh. Did you miss me? Of course you did! You nearly packed it all in for want of some words from my keyboard!

Well, calm down, boil the kettle, get a Yorkshire gold down you and we can all relax and get on with the harvest month of September. Is September a harvest month? I don't actually know. It sounds nice though doesn't it. Like it has a point, other than kids going back to school or an excuse for my landlord to try and raise my rent in an horrendously louche manner.

You've got a lot to look forward to ladies and gents. A whole host of my opinions on where's good and where's awful in Edinburgh and particularly about the festival. Stock up on tips now for next year! It'll come around so fast you won't know what hit you.

Other highlights coming up between now and the end of the year:

My housemate's birthday!*
Halloween!*
Bonfire Night!*
My brother's birthday!
My auntie's birthday!
My dad's birthday!
Christmas!
My little brother's birthday!

* denotes an excellent time was had in 2007

As you will see from the birthdays - I will be spending more money in this latter half of the year. I will be seeking out good places to get gifts and cheap places. Ideally what I want is something that looks expensive but is not at all. Any ideas?

No comments: