Wednesday 12 December 2007

The Dawn Debate

On Mondays and Tuesdays I have to leave for work at around 7am so as we approach the Winter Solstice it is often still dark or nearing dawn at that time. This has made it feel very Christmassy in the past few weeks as the Christmas lights have been on (I think I'm obsessed with Christmas lights) and I've felt like the small bay who gets asked by Scrooge to go and buy the biggest turkey in the shop on Christmas morning.

Aside from that, I have a boring dilemma on those mornings. Where should I buy my lunch from? Where, comrades? Where? If I get the bus I've no choice but to get something rubbish from Londis, something expensive from Starbucks or nothing. If I don't get the bus then I can waltz past Sainbury's or get something from the bakery BUT I will probably be late.

I spend much of my morning debating this in my mind and end up getting something rubbish from Londis and being late anyway.

No comments: