Friday 25 April 2008

I heart DLR

For someone who lives in West London, I adore the DLR.

Maybe it's because I am constantly disappointed with the service operating around Shepherd's Bush. What with station closures, extortionate prices and bendy buses, I can get very riled.

The DLR always seems a lovely departure (pun intended) from the unreliability of the H&C line, the pushyness of the Central line and the awfulness of bendy buses. The views are great, aren't they? And best of all, you can sit at the front and pretend you are the driver. I am the driver! It's me who's driving this thing! 

So, I was extra double super delighted when a package arrived with a DLR postmark. (do they deliver directly from the carriages?) Inside was a celebratory package including a DLR carriage box with jelly beans in, 3 DLR watches in a very fetching green, red and blue plastic design and a DVD about the joys of 20 years of DLR success. 

I wore the watch for almost 12 hours. Then it got silly. I didn't watch the DVD. But the question is: how does the DLR know about my feelings for it? and why is it rewarding me with sweets and memorabilia?

Then, a week later, ANOTHER package arrived with identical contents! What's going on DLR?? Are you buttering me up for some reason? do you want me to be the new face of the DLR

I now have 6 DRL watches. Does anyone want one?

1 comment:

Moonrising said...

Hey, it was me that first positively reviewed them on Qype! If you find out how come they are sending you stuff do let me know, and tell them to send me some!