Saturday 25 October 2008

Free Fair Trade

I was browsing through the H&F news - the free paper that gets delivered to everyone in he borough - I was specifically looking for any competitions because hardly anyone ever enters them so the chances of winning are pretty good. Annoyingly, there were no competitions but I did see a little notice for a fair trade stall that would be giving out free fair trade items in the Broadway Centre in Hammersmith on Friday at 4.30pm.

Seeing as I had nothing better to do on Friday afternoon and getting something for free is better than any chances in a competition I thought I'd go along to have a butcher's.

Unsurprisingly it was a tiny stall overwhelmed by commuters with a disappointing amount of free stuff. Here's what I managed to swipe: one fair trade tea bag, one fair trade individual packet of coffee and THREE fair trade snack bars. They were limiting the snack bars to one per person but I had walked all the way from Shepherd's Bush so I managed to purloin one of each flavour and didn't feel too bad about it.

Especially as I knew I'd blog about it here and raise the profile of fair trade in the borough even further among my readership of 3. That was the point of the freebies - to raise awareness about fair trade in H&F and the whole of London as it's Fair Trade London month or something.

I love fair trade. You should too. There we go, job done. Awareness firmly raised.

2 comments:

David J said...

Well done for raising the profile of Fair Trade.

And I see you've blogged the new Westfield development. Great minds clearly thinking alike, there... (Well, it is bloody massive, as you say).

And I'm SURE you have more than three readers!

Arianya~ said...

I'd be surprised if there were more than just you and me David.