Tuesday 28 October 2008

A New Bathroom and Nearly a New Month

So after nearly plummeting 3 feet into the foundations of my house after the floor of my bathroom had nearly disintegrated I have a lovely new bathroom floor. What a delight.

It was quite scary realising how much space there is beneath the floorboards. You could easily fit an entire gaggle of dead bodies underneath your own house. And yes, gaggle is the correct collective term, so there.

This is a pretty exciting time coming up in the next two weeks. First we have Westfield opening on Thursday - I intend to go and see if they are giving out free things (If you ever want me to go anywhere, just offer free things) and try to evaluate how much of my time will now be spent there. I'm really hoping the cinema will rival the Vue across the road and they will lower prices.

After that we have Halloween. Oooooooh! I'm going to a party where the theme is 'Aliens from Planet Terror Vision'. I have no idea what to wear or bring.

Then a few days later we have the US elections which I have been obsessing over. (OBAMA! OBAMA!) I intend to stay up all night watching it unfold and getting infuriated by the stupidity of Americans, whilst being soothed by the intelligence of other Americans.

The day after that is Bonfire Night! Woo! I am going to the same party I went to last year, which was a bloody hoot. Essentially it was a kid's party, at a friend's house. It was ridiculously dangerous. We were setting off fireworks in a tiny garden with about 20 small kids running around. There will be pumpkin soup, sausages and cakes. I can't wait.

So I'm getting pretty excited just writing about all these things. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: