Saturday 31 May 2008

Beauty and Chocolate

Today I remembered I was given an Aero Easter egg by my aunt, at Easter, which included a gift certificate redeemable at selected beauty salons.

When I found it and had another look, I saw that I had to book by tomorrow to redeem my treatment. So I got on the web and had a look at which salons were participating and there are not that many, but I got on the blower and called up The Beauty Basement.

I opted for them after browsing the others' websites and locations because they're in Holborn, which is much easier than Twickenham, Cricklewood or Wimbledon. It seems slightly strange to me that there is only one participating salon in the whole of central London, but my hand was forced, I called them up.

Fortunately the girl on the phone knew exactly what I was talking about with the gift certificate - as I feared there might be an embarrassing moment of me asking for a free facial and them not knowing anything about it - but no problems and she explained how it worked and very patiently waited while I looked for my card (for the booking).

Now, I'm pretty scared because I've never been to a salon for any beauty treatments in my life. I'm 23 years old, and a lady, but I've never had a facial or massage or even a manicure. What's the protocol? Do I not wear make-up, do I tip, what do I do?? Help!

I'm booked in for Thurs. If anyone has any guidelines for me, that'd be dandy.

No comments: