Friday 30 May 2008

We're gonna party like it's May

The Qype May soiree was last night.

It was the first one I have attended, having been so exceptionally busy that I was unable to attend previous do's.

A free bar is a thing of joy, isn't it? To go to a bar and order a drink and then just walk off with it, without having to pay is a pleasure usually only reserved for weddings and awards ceremonies. I love it. My plan is win (or even just get nominated for) loads of awards, so I can enjoy many free bars at many awards ceremonies.

I didn't actually get to speak to many people, as I concentrated on making a qype logo out of a piece of blutak I had. Perhaps that gives you a slight indication as to my incredible schmoozing skills.

Maybe my first award can be 'person most unable to talk to new people'.

1 comment:

David J said...

Well, I made it to the party too, but late. But aren't free bars great? It's just so easy. It reminds me of the marketing dictum:

Marketing person A: 'Give the customers what they want'.

Marketing person B: 'What they want is better products for free'.

Works every time for me...