Sunday 18 May 2008

Lord's and ladies

The Summer has truly begun when the English cricket season begins in earnest with an international test match at Lord's.

My passion for cricket is only matched by my boyfriend's hatred of both cricket and my passion for cricket. This really puts a lot of undue strain on our relationship. The thing is, I simply adore it and I can't be wavered on that.


I'll tell you for why. (have I already told you? well, you can hear it again)

I was on a tour in 2005, doing a show all around this fair country of ours. We would arrive at a different town every day, and be deposited and left to our own devices while the technical team would fit up the venue.

So I would wander off and find some pub to sit in and the Ashes would be on in every single pub.

The 2005 Ashes was a glorious baptism of cricket. It was exciting, dramatic, well-poised, emotional, and above all, kept me entertained across the entire country during that summer.

You see, I couldn't turn my back on something that saved me so graciously. And now I follow it avidly, and I love listening to TMS, I adore going to grounds and I am delighted to watch it in a pub.

However, I would like to watch it at home, at my convenience. So if anyone would like to sponsor my cricket fanaticism, please do get in touch and I'll let you watch it with me.


No comments: