Friday 30 May 2008

Full Time Temp, Part Time Fun

I've been pretty busy this month - I spent the first few days in Turkey and came home to find a buoyant haired man as the mayor of my city. So it kicked off fairly eventfully.



Then I had a few gigs, including a preview of my Edinburgh show, that we did in Cambridge.



May also involves a whole heap of Bank Holidays, which is nice, but also means I have less work.



You see, I work part time, on a Monday and Tuesday. If there's a bank holiday though, I don't work either - and I don't get paid. So I needed to beef up my income this month and did a bit of extra temping.

The temp job I've had this week has actually been a total delight, and it's the only time I've come out of a temp gig and wished that I permanently worked there. The people there made it so much fun that I actually enjoyed going to work and was not itching to leave at the end of the day. I guess when people find a job they enjoy doing, then it makes the whole prospect of work not as terrible as I generally perceive it to be. The other thing that makes all the difference is the people you work with. If you would deliberately spend time outside of work with the people you work with, then work must seem just like hanging out but with some chores to do while you hang out.

Is this a regular feeling for people who have proper jobs? Or does everyone hate working, like I do?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where can i get the full article?
------------------------
Jack

temping jobs