Tuesday 27 May 2008

Up Town Girl

So this week I'm working in town, just off Oxford Street and I really feel like I'm part of the rat race.

This is somewhat preferable to when I was working in Wembley and all there was for lunch was Subway, and I hate Subway. Whereas here, as I fall out of the door, I am bombarded with choices for lunch and also by shopping opportunities.

I'm not sure there would be much point in me working in town permanently, because I would go and spend money as quickly as I earn it. Not that I'm some awful stereotype of shopaholic woman - I'm really not - but when you're constantly surrounded by things that are pretty, and tasty, and you know you've earned a few pounds that morning, it is difficult to resist.

For my lunch today I had 2 new dresses. And a soup from Eat, which I love.

I do like working in town. It makes me feel modern and trendy and affluent, even though I am probably only 1 of those things at best.

No comments: