Monday 7 January 2008

Another Day Another Dollar

I was not built for working. I am too pretty and too witty for such a banal thing as working.



So why am I still having to work? Why? Why on Earth am I still having to get up early and conduct tedious tasks that I have little to no interest in for people I would never associate with were it not for my need to get them to give me money? Why?



Oh it's not so bad. I only work part-time, and I temp here and there. The beauty of temping is that you know you never have to stay in the same awful place for longer than your short contract. And my part-time job is not so bad. But it does mean I see no sunlight on a Monday or Tuesday.



But I guess the miners had it worse. At least I don't have asbestos.

There is some good news, though, fret not constant reader. When juicing up my oyster card I discovered they'd hoicked up the prices AGAIN and I became stuffed with fury. I was an angry fowl, with rage and onion stuffing. I refused to buy a weekly travelcard (nearly £25) and put on £20 pre-pay in a bid to show TfL that it's cheaper not to buy a weekly travelcard (because I'm pretty sure they are tracking me wherever I go). Moments later I saw a poster which told me I can get a discount on pre-pay daily travelcard cap prices with a young person's railcard. I HAVE A YOUNG PERSON'S RAILCARD! So I'm now enjoying off peak daily travelcards at the almost reasonable price of £3.10. Hoop la!

Although...if I didn't need to go to work I wouldn't need to leave my house and thus I'd never have to pay for travel anyway. Sigh.

No comments: