Tuesday 29 January 2008

Chooseday

I lead a fairly irregular lifestyle, not really irregular, just a bit, like a spy who only works part time. I'm obviously not a spy who only works part time because I would've just given myself away, but then maybe it's a double bluff.

It isn't, I'm no spy. Relax.

Anyway, so I don't have a 9-5 job is the gist of it, so my week's activities can vary a bit. What seems to happen most weeks though is that I get asked if I want to do things on just one day of the week and I have to choose one thing and turn down the rest. I am then left with little to do for the remainder of the week.

Is it just me or does this affect everyone?

So tonight I have Parkour in Royal Oak, but I've also been asked to do a gig and to see a play. I am committed to parkour because my housemate will deride me and accuse me of not exercising for the entire week if I don't go, but it would've been good to do a gig and also to see a play.

I watched a documentary about Mark Everett from Eels finding out stuff about his dad last night. His dad came up with the multi-world theory, if he was right I suppose I can reassure myself that there is a world in which I have done the gig and a world in which I have gone to the play, so all is not lost.

No comments: