Friday 4 January 2008

A Whole New Year

Why do we even bother having a new year? It is always awful. It takes about three months to get going, doesn't it? And by then it's March and you've wasted a quarter of your year already.

I suppose that's why we have a big huge party to kick it off.

This year I went to a pretty good party, it was hosted by someone I don't know, and that made it quite good because I met new people and even if I made an arse of myself, it wasn't in front of my friends.

It was in Liverpool Street, and thank goodness for the late running tubes because I just wouldn't have left my house if I'd had to get a taxi from East London.

Why are taxis so damned expensive in London? Why does it cost £15 to go 2 miles? It's something I'm often astounded by, particularly when I leave London and see how cheap taxis are elsewhere. Where does it stop being so outrageoulsy expensive? Is zone 3 cheaper than zone 2?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

No comments: