Wednesday 23 January 2008

Shameful Plug

My dear readers, I have been nominated for a glorious award. Not the Oscars, I'm far too internet based for awards that exist beyond the world wide web.

Ahem. The gist of it is that a show I did with John-Luke Roberts at the Edinburgh Festival last year titled "The Gently Progressive Behemoth" has been nominated for the Innovation in Comedy award, or something like that.

This is where you wonderful folks can play your part. The nominees are put forward by a panel, but the awards are actually voted for by the public, id est YOU. Could I ask that if you've ever enjoyed a word I've writ, or even if you think I'm a plonker, that you might take a paltry few seconds and vote?

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2008/01/24/6316/hundreds_vote_in_chortle_awards

I've never been nominated for a thing before. The only thing I ever won was 3rd place in a gymnastics competition. And I have never won a raffle. This has led me to believe that all raffles are fixed. This means I shout repeatedly the word 'fix!' whenever anyone mentions the word 'raffle'.

Vote, if only to put my faith back into the raffle systems of the world.

Or don't vote. I'll be terrifically sad, but I'll understand. And then I will kill you.

Thanks!

No comments: