Monday 11 February 2008

NardiD2

So, if you hadn't already realised, my computer is really nudged up. I'm using the one at work to write up anything I need to write up and it's made me realise how much I do with my computer. I am so dependant on my laptop that I am almost an android. I plan my journeys, pay my bills, book my tickets, buy food (sometimes) and communicate with everyone I know via my laptop.

Here is a translation of the blog I tried to write with my broken laptop:

This blog post is written in code, the code is one I am forced to write in because my computer has gone barmy. If you can decode the code, then please, read on....

Evidently, my keyboard on my laptop has gone completey bonkers. I believe this is because I spilt some orange juice on it about a month ago. It worked well enough for a month but now has given up half of the ghost and has paralyzed the right side of my keyboard, eliminating the use of great letters ike 'l' and 'o' and 'p', and punctuation ike '.' and '?' and ';' and even '#' I swear to you I pressed the buttons, but the delicious strokes did not appear. Obviously, I'm now in the market for a new computer and this has put me in mind of how you just don't get independant computer retailers these days, places like PC World, Dixons, Currys and even supermarkets selling computers have ousted the small scale businessman from dabbling in electronics. This is a bit of a shame. However at the same time it makes it much cheaper for me to buy my next computer, so it's difficult to decide where my loyalties and opinions lie. I think, ultimately, I want a cheap but working computer. And I think after this blog post that you will heartily agree.

No comments: