Tuesday 19 February 2008

Romance and Cylinders

Valentine's week is hilarious isn't it?

There is a shop on the Uxbridge Road that i have never been in but I always enjoy. It is called Group B and sells light fittings. If I ever need a light fitting then I will certainly pay Group B a visit, but I haven't so far, so I've never been in.

Firtly I enjoy Group B for its name. Why would you ever give your shop a name that suggests it is less than the best? Maybe Group B in the lighting world is the best kind of group to be in, maybe it is some weird pun on 'be'. Maybe they just didn't realise. Much like a chicken shop I passed called "3 Star Chicken".

The other reason I like Group B is that they go all out on window decorations depending on the season or upcoming event. So for Valentine's they had up a bunch of hearts and pink things and what have you. I do wonder if this sells more lights.

"Ooh, what a romantic desklamp, I simply must buy it for my lover."

"How christmassy that freestanding reading lamp is, what a marvellous gift it would make for my son."

2 comments:

fil said...

You should be a marketeer.

Arianya~ said...

i am a musketeer, the two rarely combine.