Monday 4 February 2008

Kick Start

What a glorious weekend.

I am a bit of a rugby nut and I am from Wales and hence this weekend was a bloody brilliant weekend. A glorious, marvellous, wonderful weekend.

At the same time as I feel intensely proud lof being Welsh, I feel somewhat guilty, and also regretful at the fact that I watched it at home. You see, I had failed to muster enough of my fellow countrymen to go en masse to a pub. And such was my lack of faith that I didn't want to be the object of ridicule for english strangers by myself. So I maniacally stomped abut my kitchen, squirming and screaming during the first half and feeling reieved that I had not chosen to experience this under the gloating smirks of smarmy English rugby fans.

Then the second half commenced and as excitement grew with an ever increasing belief so did my remorse at not having the opportunity to joyously jump about in front of miserable, grumpy faced English rugby fans.

So the dillema arises of where to watch the rest of the six nations. The Green is alright for a bit of cricket, but there is minimal atmosphere for a big game. The Walkabout is too full lof Australians. The Famous Three Kings is great for Wales fans but is too manic. What are the options my friends....

No comments: