Thursday 27 March 2008

Age is in the eye of the beholder

I was having lunch and trying to write in Cafe Tuga (as I am often wont to do) when I was coyly approached by a young lady.

She stood about 3 metres away and coquettishly looked my way. So I told her what a pretty dress she was wearing - which she was, a purple fairy number - and she brushed herself down and looked very pleased.

She edged closer and climbed up on a chair about a metre from me. We continued our conversation and then I heard the most lovely adorable thing I've heard in aaaages.

I asked her how old she was and she told me that she was three and a quarter. First - awww! Then she asked me how old I was so I said, why don't you have a guess.

She sat there and screwed up her face as she had a good think about it. Finally she said "two?"

Awwww!!

She thought I was younger than her! I'm 23!

No comments: