Wednesday 5 March 2008

March Madness

Ah March.

Already it is nicer. The sun has got his hat on, the daffodil ls are making their annual joyful appearance and mums across the country are getting spoiled.

Here is a joke I made about that.

In the Tescos in the BBC media village they had a little stand with flowers and chocolates and teddy bears and a big sign saying 'Spoil Your Mum' and my suggestion as to how to spoil one's mum was to throw red wine on her. I'm pretty sure that would spoil her.

Anyway.

It's quite a nice start to the month. I sent my gran some flowers from the internet. They were pretty cheap (relatively, flowers are generally really expensive, especially if you have them delivered) but please don't tell her. I did quite a bit of internet research to find the bestest, cheapest ones.

I don't like actual real life florists much. Although the shops are lovely and smell like a delicious meadow based dream, I find them weird places to be in. The people who work there intimidate me. I realise I am making a huge generalisation about people who work in florists. Also, I don't mean people who sell flowers outside tube stations or in markets, that's a different kettle of freesias. I mean ones in shops, with big fancy displays and bows.

Additionally I worry that the cut flowers industry is contributing to the demise of planet Earth and that I shouldn't encourage it. At the same time, flowers are lovely aren't they?

I'm going to try growing some window boxes on my windowsill (where else can you have a window box?). Surely that's good for the environment. And pretty. And will deter burglars from my window as I will grow robber-eating plants.

Does anyone know where I can get these from?

1 comment:

fil said...

The little shop of horrors?