Monday 10 March 2008

Slam Dunk Da Funk

I'm afraid with it being Six nations season I am completely unable to focus on anything other than that. My entire life revolves around the WRU at the moment. The amount of times a day I check the BBC website, and the RBS website and the WRU website is borderline psychotic.

However, I'm having a whale of a time. It is difficult to explain to someone who is not a Welsh( or Scottish, Italian or maybe even Irish) rugby fan why this is such a wonderful campaign.

To have been so immeasurably rubbish at the World Cup was really embarrassing. I cried after the Fiji match. It was arguably one of the best matches in World Cup history, for neutrals, but I wept. I lay on my kitchen floor and I sobbed.

Yes. I am a loser.

But not this 6Nations I ain't! For a tiny country to do so well after such drubbings is heart-warming and life-affirming. Like the film Wimbledon.

I suggest for those who are interested but don't quite get it, to get themselves to Cardiff this Saturday. There will be an awe-inspiring atmosphere. Alternatively, for those of us stuck in West London, The F3K may well prove to be a home from home, and if it's anything like it was last Saturday then it'll be a cream cracker of a game and a great experience.

2 comments:

David J said...

Woo-hoo! You must have passed out by now then, what with all the post Grand-Slam celebrations. Cymru am byth! Hen wlad fy Nhadau!

Felt a tad sorry for the Italians though - getting the wooden spoon even after beating the Scots.

Arianya~ said...

David, I am BESIDE MYSELF.

I don't think Italy will feel too bad, it was a pretty good match.