Saturday 29 March 2008

High Brow

Here's a confession, I waxed my eyebrows this weekend for the first in in about a year.

So now I look significantly less like Ronnie Corbett than I would wish, but still enough like him to keep my boyfriend happy.

The reason I left it so long was because I wanted to get it done professionally, you know, by one of those intimidatingly made-up women who waxes you and never flinches at your glass-shattering screams. That's what I wanted. But I totally chickened out. I spent about 2 months walking past the various hairdressers and beauty salons on my way home and checking the price of an eyebrow shape/wax.

I wasn't scared of the pain, goodness no! I rather like it, it makes me feel alive. I was scared of the women themselves. And of looking like a buffoon. Also, I am still distrustful of anyone altering my appearance after the horrendous Toni and Guy debacle.
However, I have just booked a holiday (I have been obsessing about it) and I need to get my pins waxed. But I know I will wuss out of going to get someone professional to do it and I will do it myself, which is a lot worse, in my opinion. So how do I pluck (pun intended) up the courage to go to a salon? Is there a particular kind of salon that is better for this sort of thing. Does anyone recommend a particular salon for a first timer? All help greatly appreciated. Not just by me, but by the world too. My legs are so hairy I'm sure they are significantly contributing to global warming.

No comments: